Exactly about Assistant Director – Loans and Work-Study
School Funding & Scholarships
The workplace of Financial help and Scholarships reports to your Vice Provost for Enrollment Management which include the next practical devices: workplace of Undergraduate Admissions, school funding and Scholarships, scholar Ideas Systems while the workplace associated with the University Registrar.
The University of Kansas workplace of Financial help and Scholarships (FAS) acts students, families, in addition to community by giving federal, state, and institutional aid that is financial and resources to aid pupils in attaining their academic objectives. FAS is invested in quality that is providing help solutions to its constituents while keeping accountability into the administration of general public, institutional, and personal school funding funds. Services are made to offer the academic objectives associated with the individual student and the objectives associated with the college because they connect with retention and graduation.
This place is crucial in administering student loan, work-study, and programs that are grant. These duties require strong social abilities, awareness of information as well as the power to assist a student that is diverse, in addition to an aptitude for administering educational funding programs to make sure compliance along with Federal Title IV laws. The employees user in this place must effortlessly administer aid that is financial in help of our objective to make certain access and help development and gratification of our pupils.
Job definition 40% Coordination of all of the Loan Programs
- Must keep strong understanding of federal loan laws to make certain conformity and defenses associated with University’s fiduciary obligations to both pupils and our campus lovers.
- Oversees the day-to-day processing of Direct Loans and personal loans.
- Insures compliance by reviewing loan that is daily/weekly to examine and resolve pupil degree problems surrounding yearly and aggregate loan limitations, NSLDS checklists, and other eligibility problems.
- Executes reconciliation that is monthly of Loan programs along with scholar Ideas Systems and Financial solutions.
- Supervises the mortgage Coordinator whom manages the processing for personal and federal loans, including PLUS and Grad PLUS loans.
- Determines eligibility for loans, procedures loans, monitors alterations in eligibility, and adjusts help properly.
- Develops and keeps procedure and policy papers pertaining to all loan programs.
- Assesses loan processing tasks and makes https://internet-loannow.net suggestions for increased efficiency.
۴۰% Work Research and Give Management:
- Administers the Federal Work-Study (FWS) system and Kansas job Work-Study (KSCWS) programs; determines eligibility and honors appropriately.
- Monitors the FWS investment student and balance profits, including using the DEMIS portal therefore the Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) to trace expenses.
- Corresponds utilizing the Shared provider Center regarding FWS earnings restrictions, prospective increases in prizes, and fund that is retroactive.
- Functions as the FWS liaison and offers training to campus lovers.
- In charge of keeping up to date with federal laws pertaining to FWS and developing/updating policies that are annual procedures.
- Functions as the liaison into the University job Center when you look at the management regarding the Kansas job Work-Study Program.
- Determines eligibility and prizes the KU Global Student Tuition Grant (KUISTG). Communicates with Student Account & Receivables Glacier that is regarding paperwork and places/releases holds on records.
- Determines eligibility and administers the Federal EDUCATE grant, including reporting and maintenance of pupil documents into the typical Origination and Disbursement system.
۲۰% Financial Education and Provider Delivery
- Counsels potential and current pupils and families regarding school-related aid that is financial, and reacts completely to escalated inquiries, like the application and awarding process, cost management and also the securing of resources to fulfill costs.
- Responds to complex concerns (including escalated phone phone calls and visits) from potential pupils, present pupils, parents, campus peers as well as others regarding school funding programs and extra funding has to go to, progress and graduate.
- Assists with outreach tasks ( ag e.g. FAFSA conclusion, senior school activities) to guide recruitment tasks together with KU Admissions office, and also other school funding activities on campus for present pupils.
- Bachelor’s degree with couple of years experience that is relevant Master’s degree at time of visit.
- Experience involved in school funding, scholarships, admissions, related or advising section of advanced schooling.
- Experience creating efficiencies through technology, including knowledge about information question and analytics.
- Exceptional interaction abilities as evidenced by the program materials and meeting process.
- Experience with interpreting federal regulations and developing/implementing programs to adhere to those laws.
- Demonstrated strong service delivery skills, including using a population that is diverse.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in problem-solving for a number of situations.