Within the competition, we come up with ladies in STEM sciences
The focus that is main biographical articles on ladies boffins when you look at the STEM field. Nevertheless, the main topics your competitors may be interpreted more broadly and additionally welcome writings about women that aren’t boffins but they are active in the technical and normal sciences (as an example, business owners in this industry); overview topics (such as for example listings or articles about ladies in STEM as an idea).
If you’re not sure whether your article is entitled to the competition, consult the committee that is organizing stemwikimedia.org.ua or compose into the Wikimedia Ukraine venture Manager conversation web web page.
- Ukrainian women in STEM
- Girls in STEM (articles about prominent schoolgirls and feminine pupils who have actually achievements in STEM)
- Science promoters (articles about women that are recognized for marketing science in STEM fields).
Champions of unique nominations will receive person prizes.
GOAL OF THE COMPETITION
Your competitors is directed at making ladies’ achievements in science more noticeable. Both in Ukraine and throughout the world, the sciences, technologies and engineering will always be male-dominated industries 1. To be able to deal with this instability which help ladies build professions in STEM, it is essential to disseminate information about ladies’ achievements within the sciences. Wikipedia, among the most information that is popular in the whole world, is a vital platform because of this.
Assist decrease the general sex instability on Wikipedia, since articles about guys are about four times more many compared to those featuring ladies. For instance, into the Ukrainian form of Wikipedia, the sheer number of biographical articles about women is not as much as 15percent for the final amount of biographical articles k 3. We should alter that.
SIMPLE TIPS TO PARTICIPATE
۱. Sign up for Wikipedia (obtain your nickname) or check in back.
۲. Create or supplement articles on Wikipedia throughout the competition (you may use the recommended topics or select your personal inside the general theme of this competition).
۳. Improve this article to meet up at minimum the quality that is basic:
- Articles must be improved or initiated by Wikipedia participants throughout the competition duration;
- The writing of articles might not include device interpretation without previous proofreading;
- Articles or improvements must be at the very least 3500 bytes in dimensions (on average 200-300 words; the size in bytes could be examined by pressing the View History tab towards the top of the article);
- Wikipedia can be an encyclopedia! Consequently, all articles should always be encyclopedic design;
- Wikipedia has relevance requirements (in specific, particular requirements when it comes to prominence of researchers). The fundamental concept is in independent reputable sources that you can create a separate Wikipedia article about a person only if there are several publications about them;
- Wikipedia will not tolerate plagiarism! Consequently, bulgarian brides articles should include text produced by the contestant and may not infringe copyright;
- Wikipedia doesn’t enable initial research! Consequently, articles ought to be according to information formerly posted in reputable sources (newspapers/magazines/books, etc. ) and may add links to these sources.
To learn more about how exactly to produce a Wikipedia article and guidelines, make use of the assistance web page.
۴. Post the after line on the conversation web web page associated with the article:
(if you post a template towards the article developed by someone else, modification for the nickname associated with article writer)
Articles without this template may never be within the competition submissions.
۴.۱. If article participates in unique nominations, you will need to also wear the discussion web page the template (for unique nomination «Ukrainian ladies in STEM») and/or (for unique nomination «Girls in STEM») and/or (when it comes to unique nomination «Science promoter»).
۵. This article can be enhanced prior towards the competition duration closing. The better article that is each with regards to completeness and quality during the time of the termination of your competition, the larger likelihood of winning you have.
۶. Repeat actions 2 – 5 as much as you possibly can.
The jury comprises of experienced Wikipedians (Wikipedia contributors) with expertise in STEM or gender studies, in addition to invited experts.
Brunei is A ukrainian scientist in the areas of biology and also the reputation for technology, writer of about 20 Wikipedia articles on boffins in Ukrainian.
Helixitta is A ukrainian scientist in the industry of biology.
Krutyvuss – Associate PhD of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of Political Science, Law and Philosophy, specialist for the European Union Project “Equal possibilities and Women’s Rights in Ukraine” (2008-2011), implementer regarding the EU Erasmus+ Project “Gender Studies Curriculum: one step for. Democracy and comfort in EU-Neighboring Countries with Different Traditions” (۲۰۱۵-۲۰۱۹).
Tohaomg is just a Bachelor in Computer Science, a factor to science and engineering related topics.
Nataliya Martynenko is Program Assistant on Youth and correspondence at the us Population Fund Representative workplace in Ukraine.
Tamara Martseniuk is just a sociologist, an expert in sex studies, a lecturer in the nationwide University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy.